Monday, December 30, 2013

Gotta Do What You Gotta Do

Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do and damn the consequences. By which I mean, you will feel them later and it won't be pretty.

Work was a pretty laid back day as we didn't have a lot of kids. Part of that was the fact that a lot of parents are still on vacation or have grandparents in or something and the kids stay home. The other part was that we had a mini-blizzard this morning so some parents decided to keep their kids home. I'm assuming. I really don't know. I can't read their minds.

However, sometimes when numbers are low, regular staff get taken out to do things. Today, we had one of our regular staff in the kitchen and another shoveling. Also in our room was a pregnant lady. At one point, I had the best back in the room, and that's saying something. I had to change two diapers. There was no choice.

So I did what I had to do. Bent my knees, told them to hold on tight, and slowly moved them to the changing table. And it hurt. But like I said, I had no choice. It was either me, the pregnant one, or the one who could barely walk from shoveling snow. I didn't do a lot else in terms of the back and you can bet I laid down on the floor for a while when I could.

And then when I got home, I had to do dishes. Roomie is away so it's only me to clean and eat and all. So I had to do the dishes. Took a lot longer than I expected because I needed to break, but I got a lot of Battlestar Galatica watched while I was doing them. I watched three episodes tonight! Woot! Love that show. I may have mentioned that before.

So it seems that sometimes, I gotta do things that my back isn't going to like. But I have to do it or else things won't get done. It sucks, but that's the way it is. I just have to extremely careful when I do things like that.

So today's positive..well...a few today. One is that I watched three episodes of BSG. Another would be the fact that I did manage to get my dishes done. Also, not a lot of kids make for a less stressful day at work which is always good. Not that work is stressful but would you rather handle 4 or 8 kids? At once? Exactly.

Tomorrow's New Years Eve. Going out with my best friend and his woman. She's performing and I haven't seen her band before so that should be good times. No kiss at midnight, but that hasn't changed in the last 5 years. Unless something happens, but I doubt it. And I will be very careful with the back tomorrow night. No crazy dancing.

Also, I'm not doing a year in review. I know what my year was like. Some parts were amazingly awesome, some were stressful, some were downright depressing. And that's not the blog for this anyways.

May not update in the next few days, because of holidays and all. So Happy New Years! Hopefully in the new year I'll be more on my way to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment