Tuesday, December 10, 2013

City Hall and Bus Spasms

Today, not the best of days.

First, the lawyer/fun stuff. I got a call from city hall this afternoon. They left a message because I had emailed Metrobus, simply saying that if it's their policy to not have insurance for passengers, that this should be be put on their website so riders know that they're riding at their own risk. Explained in the email that I wasn't blaming Metrobus or looking for anything from them, just suggesting that this be known. I don't think I've talked to anyone who knew this lack of insurance existed. Anyways, some guy at city hall called me regarding this, but they needed to talk to my lawyer because I was being represented. When I called back, I said that the lawyers were the ones who told me this, but I didn't know where they got their information from. So...who knows what'll happen there. Hopefully I won't get into trouble by simply emailing Metrobus with a suggestion to help others in the future.

Now, the not so fun stuff. My plan for this evening was to go to latte Tuesday with my friend. We call it latte Tuesday and we know what this means. Second Cup have lattes on sale on Tuesdays, so we'll go down there and get lattes. I'm sure the texts between us have gone something like "Latte Tuesday?" "What time?" "7?" "Ok". Anyways, latte Tuesday was cancelled due to my friend having to work. I had to go to the mall anyways to renew my bus pass so I still got my latte. Muahahaha. But I was seriously uncomfortable in the mall. Since I was coming from work, I still had my bag of holding. The bag is big but light since I don't carry much in it on a daily basis. At least, not anymore. But, after being tired from the day, I had to position the bag so that I was more or less carrying it in my arms. It seems to take pressure off my back when I do that. While walking, I definitely noticed my slower pace. Usually, I'm the one zooming through between the crowds, weaving in and out (especially on my own). Today, I was the one being walked passed. I wasn't cool with that. I don't like this slowed down walking. It makes me feel slowed down, for lack of a better word. That I can't get in and out and be done. I like getting in and out of the mall as quick as I can because it's the mall and near Christmas. But today, I felt like I was walking in WoW instead of running. I know not many will get that, but to those that do, that's how it felt. Except, I couldn't press a button and go running again. Or even better, I'm a low level in a city and everyone around me has a mount.

By the time came for me to grab the bus back to my apartment (which is really like 5 minutes, if that), my back was shot. It was almost as bad as the day last week when I went home early from work. I was having spasms on the bus, and what's worse, is that I had a spasm while crossing the street to my apartment when I got off the bus. That one scared me because if a car came, I'd have to run across the street and my eyes were already brimming with tears. When I finally got to my apartment, I was practically taking baby steps. It hurt so much and I didn't know what to do. I rested as best as I could, considering I was still getting up to cook my food and had to sit to eat and everything.

This was definitely one of the worse experiences, and there's nothing I can do about it. The lawyers won't get back to me about my acupuncture until they get the insurance gets figured out. I don't want to mix pain medications. I rest as much as I can but things aren't working right now. I feel stuck, waiting for something to happen and I don't know when that'll be. All I can do is reduce my suffering with rest and sometimes that doesn't feel like enough.

I'm tired.

Good night.

Edit: I didn't write in my positives for today. I got my caramel corretto and finished watching Firefly (just need to rewatch Serenity and I'm all done). And I got my roomie to watch a little MLP. MLP is always positive, especially Pinkie Pie. I got the picture from the google.

No comments:

Post a Comment