Monday, December 9, 2013

Crazy Old Woman

Guess who heard back from the lawyers today! Finally! After a week, of course. They said that it was fine if I didn't say all the emotional stuff in the statement, just as long as I tell my doctor so they have it in writing. I asked about the blog, but they haven't replied back. Of course. They also told me that it's fine keeping all my receipts and all and they'll just claim all that when it comes time to settle. So far, the cab receipts are now approximately $50.

As for today, the pain was a bit more than it usually is, but not enough to send me home. I was having pains pretty much all day, which is different, since I'm usually fine in the morning and it slowly deteriorates through out the day. Today was pretty much a steady pain day with some moments better than others.

Again, I just work through the pain because I feel like I have no choice. Doing nothing all day does not fly with me. Ok, doing nothing all day for one day works great as a recuperation, but not for days on end. Even at work, doing nothing will make me feel useless and a waste of time and money. So I work. Simple as that.

I went to Walmart today! I think that might be my positive of the day, having completed the shopping journey in 3 days! A little late but it's done.

Of course it wasn't without it's problems. I had to wait longer at the university for my bus. The first one that came was finishing it's run. The depot isn't far from Walmart at all and under most circumstances, even the cold of this evening, I would have asked to ride to the depot and walked from there. But nope. That was not happening, so I had to wait another 20 minutes. Part of me even wondered if I could make it through the Walmart journey. But I did! Like when I go to Sobeys, the cart is one of the things that saves me. I kind of lean on it and push, like a walker. Takes a lot of pressure off, though I'm sure I'm all hunched over like an old lady.

I'm going to be a crazy old lady before I'm 30, right? My ankle was broken about 5 years ago so I have arthritis there. I have the cane that I used to help me walk. Walking straight doesn't do a lot right now, so I'm hunched over. I have the cat. I sit alone drinking coffee with my bags while I wait for a bus. I have medications...

I am a crazy old woman.

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment