Sunday, December 22, 2013

Not too bad until...

So this weekend wasn't too bad, back wise. I spent most of Saturday inside, alternating between being productive and resting, the back ended up alright. Some pains as I went down to the mall, but that was expected. I didn't walk down that time. Took the bus back and forth.

Today I got up and the back was actually doing good. Hardly any pain, and I felt like I was walking fine. And, despite the snow, it was a fairly good day.

Until the evening.

By about 5:30, the tingles were coming back. By the time I had finished with the evening service, the back was in it's regular pain. Part of it might have been just the daily stress. Part of it might have been going from hot to cold to hot to cold, etc. Part of it might have been some faux fighting with my friend (who said it was probably the hot and cold thing causing the pain). It was probably a little bit of all three. Feeling better after half an hour of lying down on the magic bag.

The lesson of today? Even though you feel good, doesn't mean you can still do what you used to. It will come back and hit you in the back.

So what were the positives of this weekend? Well, like I said, I was productive so I have the tree up and I finished these assignments I had to do. That was yesterday. Today's positive was...well, I guess seeing my friend and seeing how excited he was with the Christmas gift I got him, and just hanging out a bit in general. And I had chocolate today. A general positive that happened this weekend was that the winter solstice happened. That means that the days will slowly start to get longer. That means more sunlight. That means less SAD. So that's always a good thing.

I guess that's a bit of the weekend in a nutshell.

I'd like to hear back from the lawyers soon, but I highly doubt it'll happen. Not on Christmas week. Maybe in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment