Sunday, December 8, 2013

Somewhat successful shopping

Today, I was going to Value Village. I didn't care. It was being done. It be done.

The day started off with me not feeling well. Woke up stomach sick and all. But I had a cookie exchange to attend. There are currently 12 dozen cookies in my house and I'm not sure how they will all be eaten. Luckily, I started to feel better once I had some ginger ale (I don't drink soft drinks as a rule, but today there was no choice. Belly need some ginger) and ate some starchy, bready foods, like rolls. Unfortunately, it has continued throughout the day. Hopefully just a side effect of the flu shot or something I ate. Due to this cookie thing being a mostly sit down affair, my back was more or less fine. That and I hadn't been up and about much during the day until then so the back was fine.

Came home and decided that my hair needed a trim. I also wanted to go to Value Village, and then Walmart. But how could I do this? I decided to go to Value Village after getting my hair cut, stopping at the mall if need be. I walked past the mall, thinking "alright, this can be done! We can do this!". I couldn't do it. I needed to stop. So I went back to Chapters, just like last night, ordered the same drink (Caramel Brule Latte time of year! Yay!) and just waited it out. I only needed to stay about 10 minutes before I could do it again.

And I made it. I did it. I made it to Value Village.

Success story of the day.

What didn't go so well? Well, it's one thing to put clothes on in the morning, or changing in the evening and you're good to go. But when you're trying on several shirts, a few dresses....the back starts to hurt. I wasn't a big fan of cloth shopping in the beginning. I'm kinda picky I like to try things on. A lot of times I'll pick something up, like the colour or style and then when I put it on, it falls the completely wrong way and it's not going home with me. It's why I don't like online cloth shopping. I can't try that on before I buy it.

Not a breakaway topic, but just a side to go to lead into this. As you may have noticed, or may know if I talk to you regularly about these kind of things, but I have been going through a hard time lately, and not just with my back. Again, this is not the forum for this discussion. In talks with a certain person, I said that I will try to find something positive that happened that day to put in my blog, no matter how negative the rest of it was. So here's my positive.


I have a new pretty dress! I'm not very girly, but I do like pretty dresses. 

By the end of the Value Village trip though, my back was done. I called the cab, which I was not happy with because I should have been able to walk home from there, and was on the magic bag almost as soon as I got home.

Doing laundry wasn't fun. I had to do it though, I have no clean socks left. It wasn't easy taking that bag down to the laundry room, putting it in the washer, later the dryer, and then bringing it back upstairs. There were several spasms when I did that. Not so fun with that. 

I guess that's something else I will have problems with. The washer and dryer are on the ground floor of the apartment, there's nothing I can do about that, short of moving. So as long as I'm here, I'm going to have some trouble with the washer and dryer. There's a fair bit of twisting and turning and lifting and carrying and the back isn't happy with that. 

My cab total is now about $50 in the last few weeks, since I started collecting the receipts. Not cool. I will be giving those to the lawyers, who still haven't gotten back to me about, well, anything. I don't like cabs. Well, cab drivers. I feel awkward. If they don't talk, I feel weird just sitting there. If they talk to me, I feel weird being forced into conversation. Maybe that's just socially awkwardness/introvertedness in general.

And I never made it to Wal-Mart. 

This post isn't as negative as the last few, probably because I got out a lot of ranting earlier. I guess that's a good thing. So let's add to the list of things I can't really do. Trying on lots of clothes, walking half an hour without needing a break, walking home with a bag of clothes, bringing a bag of clothes to the laundry room and doing the laundry. Well, I did the laundry, it just had a lot of spasms.

Thanks for sticking with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment