Monday, December 16, 2013

Today was Monday

I didn't write yesterday. That happens. Not much happened. I stayed most of yesterday indoors because of the head cold I'm still currently suffering through. Actually, I left for about 10 minutes when I went to the store, but other than that, I was mostly at home. So no church, no singing, nothing like that. The back wasn't too bad, which surprised me considering I was active the night before. I probably didn't feel much of it because I spend most of the time lying down, sitting down, etc.

 So I felt it today. The back wasn't good today, not from the moment I woke up. Maybe it was like when I first injured it, it took a while before I felt any pain. Had to put the Rub A535 on there this morning but I don't think it helped much. Neither did the bus seats. Uncomfortable seats today.

 Work was the usual. I did what I could and didn't do what I didn't think I could do. My back was tingling most of the day and it was a constant throb, just saying "I'm here and I hurt!" While at lunch, I even had a spasm where I actually spoke "oooh" and was in pause mode for several seconds as I let it past. Sometimes it feels like the pain is moving, that it's not confined to just the two muscles in the lower back next to the spine. But that could be a nerve thing. Like my acid reflux. I'd feel pains in places like my shoulders just because of the way the nerves work. So maybe it's nerves. Maybe it is getting worse. It's always hard to tell because it's worse at night and my doctor usually sees me in the morning. So not sure what to do there.

I emailed the lawyer again, asking if there's any progress on figuring out the acupuncture stuff. No reply, no surprise. Also no comment on if the blog counts as having this in writing. I don't see why not. They told me I should keep a journal. This is a journal. It's just published to the internet for people to read instead of being in a notebook somewhere. No difference from what I can figure.

Now that the snow is down and seems to be staying, I'm being overly cautious while walking. I may have said it here before, I don't remember. I know I mentioned it to people in conversation. But one fall and I'm done, out, finished. It doesn't matter if I fall on my ass, my back, my knees, my side, wherever. The fall will jolt my back and I'm not taking that risk. If I'm out of commission, I will be driven insane. Having one day now and again to do nothing, just whatever you want, is fine with me. I actually like having some time of that every day, but I'll do what I need to do. Having ALL the time doing nothing, just whatever I want, will make me crazy after a day or two. I like some amount of daily structure. So a fall this winter will be very bad!

Not a long entry tonight, but there's still not much to update. I do what I can. Thanks to those reading and following along with the fun that is my back injury from a bus.

Good night!

I almost forgot my positive of today! Cheese was half off at the supermarket. That was exciting. And over the last two days I've started watching Battlestar Galactic. I'm only 4 episodes in so no spoilers! But it is quite an exciting series.

EDIT: I was also sent this link. It's funny as hell. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hfre4eBCY8

No comments:

Post a Comment