Friday, December 13, 2013

A little personal

I know I said that this blog was mostly concerning the issues with my back and not go into a lot of personal issues. Tonight, it probably will.

The back has been pretty decent today. I think that's because I've gotten a terrible head cold. Sore throat, stuffy, headache, all that. So I guess my body said "you know what? I'm gonna take care of the sore throat and headache and all that, so we're just ignoring your back today." Maybe I should get sick more often.

Of course, that doesn't mean my back was without it's pangs and tweaks and owies. And now, with the snow and ice on the ground, I have to be even more careful while walking. One fall and I'm probably going to be out of commission. So I'm going even more slowly now while outside. And I definitely noticed my slower walking in the mall as I tried to keep up with my friend.

So not much news on the back.

Next is today's positive.

I guess the biggest positive was getting coffee with my bestest friend and then running into another friend and we all had coffee. And we had ice cream for snack at work today. I do like ice cream.

Now, I apologize for the more personal matter but it's been on my mind a lot today and I hope the other party involved doesn't mind me mentioning this. I apologize if you do, and I'll take it out if necessary.

My heart broke this afternoon when I read on Facebook that my ex-boyfriend had to put his cats down. He had been looking for a new home for them, as there were several factors that was preventing them to live the best life they could with him. One of those was there deteriorating health and associated costs. It's terrible that it had to come to that, but I know that he did what he thought was best. I didn't spend a whole lot of time with the kitties, but I did develop an attachment and fondness to them, and loved seeing them. They were pretty awesome cats. One even slept in my arms one night. They will be missed.

To my ex: I don't know if you'll see this, but you have mentioned reading the blog, so you might. I have already expressed my condolences but I just wanted to say again how sorry I am that you had to make this decision for your cats. I know how much they meant to you and how much you loved them and I know it probably wasn't an easy decision to make. But you didn't want them to suffer anymore, which shows a lot of strength, love and mercy for them. You showed them a good, happy life. Like I said, before, if you need anything, let me know.

So, that's it. Again, I'm sorry that this entry turned to a more personal route (and it wasn't even about me), but I just wanted to get that out there. I'll try not to have too many more personal moments in here unless it's back related.

No comments:

Post a Comment