Thursday, January 2, 2014

Quickie Update

Well, it's a new year, full of new....stuff. Experiences, life, all that. I, for one, am still dealing with the old back pain that still doesn't go away.

I went out New Years Eve, and I did what I could. When your ride is in the band, you're there early and you're there late. I was able to help with some of the set up, by putting things on tables and such. Couldn't help with taking things down. By 3am, my back was gone and I found myself sitting while those around me did the work. Kinda sucked because I wouldn't have minded helping clean things up, but I just couldn't do it.

Couldn't dance either. But my last experience with dancing proved that I definitely shouldn't do that again.

New Years Day involved a lot of time doing nothing. Battlestar Galatica and World of Warcraft was about it.

Remember that post I wrote about balance? Well, New Years Day didn't provide much balance so I was in a bit of pain today when I went back to work. Doing things that I normal do did cause some pangs, but there's not all that much I can do.

Sitting  in the chair at supper time didn't help either. It usually does because I'm sitting, but not today. So I decided to take a bath. That didn't help much either, which is unusual. It usual does help. Maybe it's because I listened to classical orchestra instead of classical solo piano, which I find more relaxing.

The Magic Bag? That helped. I love that thing.

So...that's about it. I've learned that somethings that usually relax me may not always do so, depending on how tense my muscles are.

Really hoping to hear from the lawyers about my acupuncture soon.

Today's positive...well, a few small ones. The biggest one might be the fact that when I came home, our power was back on! Due to the insane freezing temperatures and a blizzard coming tomorrow, we've had to do rolling blackouts to deal with the demand. The bus on the way home from work had my street pitch black. Couldn't see anything. I was planning on getting groceries anyways, so I just kept going, hoping the rest of the area had power. Turns out my street was one of the only ones without it in the area. Kinda sucked. But when I came home, the power was back and has been back ever since, so yay.

So a blizzard tomorrow. I'm glad I don't have to shovel. My back wouldn't allow it, and yay for apartment living.

No comments:

Post a Comment