Thursday, January 9, 2014

The finally got back to me!

I've been away the last few days. Wednesday was choir so I wasn't home to update. Tuesday, my back was terrible. I spent a lot of time lying down because of the pain.

I'm not sure exactly what set it off the last few days. I guess maybe getting back into routine is putting stress on the back. After the holidays, then a weekend, and a Monday where we didn't really have to work, getting back into a regular routine made my back go owie.

In fact, I had wanted to take my Christmas tree down on Tuesday but the back laughed and said "yeah, good luck with that". So it stayed up until tonight. Still pain, but not as much. The tree is now down. Took two attempts because I had to have a break in between.

I also discovered something else that may cause problems in the future. Maybe it hurt more because I was already in pain, but I had trouble cooking. I love cooking. I don't like baking. And yes, there is a difference. I always find baking has to be more precise or things might explode. At least, that's the impression I get. I don't like the pressure of it. With cooking, I feel it's a lot more relaxed, more of a "let's throw random stuff together and see what I get!" which is what I do.

And I seem to be good at it. I'm told I've made good stuffed chicken breasts, various potato dishes, various pasta dishes, meatballs and my mac and cheese is always a hit. While I'm cooking, I'm not staying still. I'm stirring or cutting or mixing or pouring or something. There is a rush with it, making sure I get veggies in the sauce or that the spices are just right or moving quick enough to add things before the time runs out. It's kind of an exhilarating pressure that I enjoy.

Anyways, it seemed that the rushing made my back hurt more while I was cooking on Tuesday. I wasn't very happy about that.

And it seems like, once again, it's the constant pain. Just sometimes it's more manageable than others.

BUT!

There's a big but there! I like big buts, and I can not lie. The pain may soon go away. Finally, FINALLY, the lawyers got back to me! It seems that I have been approved for $600 worth of acupuncture. According to the email, I just have to tell them what clinic I'm going to, and then tell the clinic to bill the lawyers. Now I gotta find an acupuncturist. My friend is giving me a recommendation that I'll check out. If I don't like it, I'll look at one either near work or home.

I'm very glad that that's moving forward. I guess that's my positive for today. Well, that or defeating Civ 5 as Attila the Hun with a domination victory. If that means nothing to you, that's fine. It's awesome for me.

Well, that's it. I plan to be a little social this weekend which will be exciting.

I guess that's it for now. Wish me luck in finding someone to stick me with needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment