Sunday, January 19, 2014

These boots were made for walking

This weekend I did something that I haven't done much of lately. I walked. Friday night, I walked to the supermarket and Tim's from my apartment, and back. Saturday, I walked to the mall, took the bus downtown, walked a bit down there as I shopped, got on the bus back to the mall and walked back. Today, again I walked to the supermarket, Tim's and back.

And it hurt.

It wasn't too bad as I was walking, but I definitely felt the pain when I got home. Today in church I definitely felt the spasms. So if I knew I was going to hurt, why do it?

Because I have to. I hate being restricted because of my back pain. I hate relying on taxis and spending all that money to use them. The bus pass is $70 a month, but I need that for work anyways and it's unlimited. So that's not too bad. If I'm going to be in pain anyways, does it really make a difference?

I can hear people now saying that I'm making things worse, that I should be resting. But I'm also told that I'm stubborn, so I'm probably going to do it anyway.

Also, I want to lose weight. I've gained 10lbs and I'm not happy about it. In two years I've lost 65 pounds and I'm terrified that I'll go back to that weight. I don't have those clothes anymore, I can't go back there. While there are other factors, I know not being able to walk much the last few months isn't helping. I can't do much cardio because of my back, I know that. So, I want to walk a bit, as much as I can, even if it's not much or not very fast. I just need to try.

I also want to look good for a cosplay I'm hoping to do at the Sci-fi convention in May.

So I'm going to what I can and hope that the pain doesn't become unbearable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment