Saturday, February 1, 2014

Stubbornness Pain

The back has been pretty bad the last few days, even with the acupuncture. At work, we're short staffed, so I'm finding myself doing more things than I should, like lifting more kids and for longer. But I have to do it because, in some cases, I'm the only one who can. So it hurts.

Acupuncture hurt some on Thursday too. But to be fair, it wasn't the right location so it was harder to relax and thus I felt the needles. Plus, because of my almost finished head cold, I was sniffling, so I'd move slightly more each time I sniffed and really...you shouldn't move during acupuncture. Overall, Thursday's session was more uncomfortable than I'd like.

I've also been stubborn and did some walking. Today, even though I cabbed from the supermarket with my $30 worth of groceries, I walked to the mall, then to the comic book store across the way and the fast food place next to it, and then back. I might have been gone an hour. My back was killing afterwards.

I knew it was going to hurt but I did it anyways. I'm stubborn and I'm going to do what I want to do. That includes doing somethings that help me gain some amount of independence. I love my independence. Not so much that I'm going out to get a car because driving is a scary thing and I can't handle that pressure of being in control of all that metal. But I used to be able to walk anywhere, or time things to coincide with the bus schedule. Now I can't do the walking so much, so that's independence gone. Doing what walking I can is getting some back. Even if there's pain and I gotta lie down for like an hour after. That hour is well spent though because I can watch something I have DVRed or Battlestar Galatica.

No pain, no gain, right?

So the gain was some independence gained and that's one of the positive. Another positive of today is that, well, it's Friday, which is always good. Also, while at the comic book store, I got a new addition to my Pop Vinyl collection. I picked up Captain James Tiberius Kirk. Makes me happy to have that.

I guess that's it for now. Still in pain, but it isn't as bad as it has been, so I guess that's good. But still pain nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment