Sunday, February 16, 2014

Forwards and Backwards

It's been a little quite over here and I'm sorry. Part of it is that I didn't have time to update. Also not sure what to write. It's all pretty much the same. I do good in the morning and my back deteriorates as the day goes on. Today hasn't been great though. Maybe however I slept or the cold temperatures. It happens sometime.

A good thing is that the pain is decreasing. It's still there, but it's not as bad as it used to be. And the area of the pain is decreasing. Before, it was all over my lower back. Now it's more concentrated in one area in the middle. So something is working. The bad news is that my neck has been feeling more pain. Apparently that happens, that the whiplash can take a while to come. That, and since I've been so concentrated on working on the back that I didn't pay much attention to the shoulders and neck. So next is working on that.

Good news is that the acupuncture seems to be working. Bad news is that I'm all out of the sessions that the insurance company will pay for. My acupuncturist said I need more. I'm at the point where I can't just leave since it could very well risk a set back. Both myself and the acupuncturist have been in contact with the lawyers, so now it's just a matter of getting them to pay for it. They have to pay for it, but they don't need to pay it now. I'd rather much them pay it now because I can't afford to pay it out of pocket to have it reimbursed. My next appointment isn't until later this week so that we give them more time to get the money thing sorted out.

So hopefully, all that can be sorted out soon so I can get the help I still need.

I'm simultaneously, at the moment of typing, talking in a thread on facebook in a group I'm in. Talking about keeping a good weight for cosplay for less alterations and all. I'm mentioning how I want to lose a bit more weight but with the back, it's hard to do much exercise, as I've mentioned before. I can handle some more walks now, but not while carrying a lot, like groceries. When I go to acupuncture, I usually have a 10-15 minute walk and I can't do much more than that. But at least I can do that so, again, that's some improvement. I can walk to the supermarket and I can sometimes walk back if I don't have a lot. And by not a lot, I mean 4 or 5 small items. Other than that, it's a cab, a ride or someone is carrying them for me.

As you can see, there is some progress, there is some step backs. I guess I expected that. It's the same with anything really. Just gotta make sure you're taking two steps forward for every step back, and not the opposite. That's a pretty positive message to leave on, so I think I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment