Sunday, February 9, 2014

Life Progress

It's been a while since I've updated. I've just been going through some stuff.

In terms of my treatments, they do seem to be helping. The area that is sore has been decreasing. The intensity of the pain is decreasing. The frequency of pain is decreasing. All of this is good things. However, I'm running out of the money allotted from the insurance company so that I can have my therapy. I have emailed the lawyers about it, and my acupuncturist will as well, to let them know that the treatments are working, I just need more. So hopefully, they'll give me more.

I'm still working on two treatments a week, but hopefully I'll be down to one treatment a week very soon. There's going to be some exercises too to keep up during the times when I won't have treatments. So that's been going well.

At work, we've been a little short staffed the last little bit, but that happens. So, I've been having to do more things. I think that's why my back pain has been pretty steady the last few weeks. But I do take it easy when I can, like sitting against the wall when sitting down with the kids. I'm surviving and that's the main thing.

Speaking of surviving, the positive of the weekend came after a long and tiring 24 hours. Long story short, I ended up doing something I should have done a long time ago. I tied up some loose ends and cut some ties with my personal life. Once it was done, I felt better, like a weight lifted off my shoulders. And I don't think I would have been able to do it on my own, so thanks to the bestest friend for listening to me, guiding me, giving me a shoulder to cry on, and just giving me the final push so I could do what needed to be done.

And if this stress is no longer with me, then that's only going to be good for my back recovery, since that's one less thing taking my focus from that. Anything that takes stress away is definitely a positive in my book in every way.

Other positive included The Lego Movie, which is omg such an awesome movie! Trying to convince others to go so I can see it again.

That and chocolate milk. I have chocolate milk in my house and that is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment