Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Spasms

So, I'm writing this from my phone. Hopefully the post will be formatted properly and all that. It will take longer to write though, so here we go.

Today...well...it was worse. It started off OK. Some pain but nothing that an anaprox didn't take care of. My high notes were there during choir, though I did feel them a little weak. I wasn't expecting perfection with that anyways. But after...then we had some problems.

The spasms started again and I didn't like that at all. It's like this sudden sharp pain on the left side of my lower back and it radiates out and pulses and squeezes the muscles around it. It doesn't last long, just a few seconds, but it hurts. And my body moves too, depending on what position I'm sitting right now. I might curl up or straighten up or sit back or lurch forward.

After Mothers Day lunch with my family, I came home and laid down for a bit and put some Rub A535 on my back. That helped enough to survive the rehearsal before the service. But by the service end, I was in no shape. My high notes were pretty much 50/50. Either I had them or I didn't. I couldn't do proper singing breathing either. I didn't have great control. I had to sit down for the last part of the service.

At least there was a cushion on the pew. And luckily that cushion lined up with where i was feeling the pain. So when the spasm came, it was kind of contained and didn't hurt as much. Of course, the pain decided to take revenge by crawling up my spine, ever so slowly.

It sucks. It all sucks. I'm hoping to get a doctors appointment this week, if nothing else, to get a new prescription for the pain killers.

Again, I'm contemplating if my career choice is a back hazard. I'll see how it goes tomorrow and if it feels any better or worse.

For now, I'm back to spending the night in bed. I have acupuncture Tuesday, so hopefully that'll help again too.

It is just so frustrating to have to go through this again when I was doing so well. And now I'm having troubles with my singing, my walking, my free time (rather be in Azeroth than in bed!), my self confidence and my emotions.

I just want my back to be all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment